PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US vs. Singapore (or Asia)
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2013, 15:06
highandlow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To sports08

First of all have a good read of the rplies of Bornable Gomi (? Sorry spelling ) and Geebz, really good realistic facts from both of them . If I may say .... First of all , you and only you should think or know what you really want ! I mean do you really want , enjoy to be a pilot !!!! Do you enjoy being in an airplane , do you enjoy seeing your office with an everyday change of view ( which is super , as my office gives me everyday new views ) but do you want to fly or is it just ooooh it seems cool ? Only you can answer this ! Also , what I mean is do you only want to live in Singapore or can you / or willing to live abroad ?
To answer your question , from my side and pls read again the other two mentionned guys/ girls..... If you want to fly with an airline .... Stay in US , and yes I am not American or Green Card holder , but USA gives you so much more options at your level . Singapore only few airlines as SQ , Scoot etc .... So You dnt have a Sing license why would you spent time and money on this licence better get any real flying , and I hope you are not " good" enough to do the simple flying .....meaning take any flying hour you can grab cause this is gold! Especially in USA just go around your area, you probl hv a few airports , myb just start talking to anybody who is walking towards or around an aircraft and yes why not use that female smile , why not ! ( hey guys no need reactions but life is life ) .....
If can get few hours turbo , and keep sending CV , you know in Asia there will be plenty of opportunities in the many coming years .....ok you will need jet ....but still many good jobs in Asia without the need of jet . But these airlines want to see some real flying time , even just twin/ turbo which still can bring you in the seat of a nice jet ..... Believe me , but most of the recruiters like some attitude , have the passion !
And I was too one day in your shoes , and now I am happily flying ..... And yes happy in Asia .....
For me ....just stay in USA and get some real flying and you will have realistic opportunities in Asia to fly nice jets or even in the States .....
And PS believe me SQ is not that great employer , many much better ones giving better benefits .
Many years ago , me too thinking SQ must be great , only SQ good for pax but not staff ! Just check out their staff ID travel ...... They have any ????
There is more besides SIN ....
Once again have a good read of Geebz and Bornable Gomi ......
Good luch and if you really enjoy flying just go for it and do not think too much !