PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 18th Nov 2013, 14:51
TeaTowel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fine I will not make any comments on specific posters unless absolutely required. I will however remain. Please read through the following reports.

http://www.air-scoop.com/pdf/Ryanair...Scoop_2013.pdf

Ryanair pilots, through the voice of the RPG, have made their concerns about their shying away from speaking up on safety. According to them, the airline imposed a “culture based on fear”, and the zero-hours contracts under which they operate do not allow them to voice their worries. Although Ryanair firmly denied these allegations, it is surprising that whenever a pilot dared speaking up openly, he was immediately dismissed.
through the voice of the CEO, had already advanced facts which were untrue: for example, they claimed for a long time that Ryanair pilots never experienced pressure whereas leaked information from internal memos clearly proved otherwise
In those conditions, how to consider the risks of crash due to human factor advocated by the Ryanair Pilot Group? First, one has to bear in mind that a crash is the consequences of a combination of factors. Human factor are often at the centre of deadly accidents. Fatigue, sickness, stress can
result in poor decision making which ultimately leads to a crash: such was the case for the crashes of Aloha Airlines Flight 243 in Maui, United Airlines Flight 173 in Portland, Avianca Flight 52 – one also has to consider that fuel shortage is a frequent cause of crashes in the airline industry: in a decade,
five planes crashed due to lack of fuel.
Air Scoop Ryanair Business Model 2011

As a result, whereas almost everywhere in the airline industry, pilots exert much power when faced with corporate management, Ryanair’s pilots are astoundingly silent. This explains how the company manages to push to practice extremely short turnarounds, flying long hours and refuelling the minimum possible.
Because of the inner structure of its contract system, dissatisfied employees who have been demoted or fired can rarely turn back against the airline as a large part of them are actually contractually employed by an external agency – be they flight attendants working with Workforce International Contractors or pilot contractors under Brookfield contract.
In Depth Analysis Ryanair Business Model Air Scoop Nov2010

It appears that some of Ryanair’s pilots are not always fully capable of managing their aircraft in difficult situations such as bad weather or abnormal conditions.This can also be explained by the fact that pilots are under very heavy pressure from Ryanair’s management to meet turnaround timings, leading to a number of high-energy approach and dangerous manoeuvres at low altitude
Still want to join these guys?

And Mods I'm just copying and pasting publicly available independent reports. No need to hand my details over to the Stasi.