PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2013, 12:01
P330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peel Bashing...

North - Nothing wrong with having a pop at Peel as you put it....problem is, you are asking the same questions repeatedly. No-one is giving you an answer on here because they don't have an answer. In which case, isn't it better to ask the question of the media who can put your conspiracy theories to the test? Or is the theory that if you mention it enough times, a Peel person will pop up on Pprune and answer all of your questions?

Skyman - I suspect you're right on the war of attrition. I think it will be very hard to grow a passenger airport when what little there was has been deliberately eroded. I still maintain the plan can work, but I think they've given themselves a harder task with their PR mess-ups and also turning away charter business.

My interest now turns to KLM. I'm interested in the latest figures and hoping David posts them on here shortly. If and when those KLM figures/yields drop below the tipping point and KLM withdraw, then the master plan will quickly move to revision B. I really wonder how close we are to losing KLM? How close are KLM to saying this route is no longer profitable?

Last edited by P330; 18th Nov 2013 at 12:32.