PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 18th Nov 2013, 07:43
cyclic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Consider the good pilot. You sit behind him and he meets all profile parameters accurately and appropriately. You tick all the little boxes on his form! However, does he really understand the dangers of the bits of the envelope you have not seen him explore??
Spot on DB. How many times have I heard, "when I flew with him, he did nothing wrong". Yes, all the boxes were ticked and the exercises completed satisfactorily but how useful was the training? A little imaginative thinking in the sim, which appears you are doing, would definitely be the way ahead. I hate to say this (sorry HC), but my experience of the military sim always included a little of this. Perhaps that was because there wasn't a huge time or commercial constraint and generally the instructors had a huge amount of experience on the type. I for one would really value the opportunity to do this as opposed to the constant OEI scenarios, which I might add, are relatively straight forward.