PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Al Jazeera TV and the BBC
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2003, 19:07
Eboy
Everything is under control.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I always thought the BBC TV and radio were more professional and accurate than US TV or radio, including CNN. Bias? You may be right. I have not picked that up. About 3 nights ago General Barry MCaffrey (USA, Retired, from 1991 conflict) was on your evening news program ("News -- " something, I think) rebroadcast on our C-SPAN live in our afternoon. He called the BBC war analysis "quite astute" and criticized the "twit" doing analysis on a US network (did not say which one). I laughed out loud! One does not often hear the word twit on the BBC! Some public radio stations here rebroadcast BBC radio news. (BBC used to broadcast live the chimes of Big Ben at the start of the news, then they went and jazzed up the introduction -- I miss that.)

For news magazines, I have commented elsewhere that I think there is no better in the world than The Economist. I get it delivered to my office each Friday, and so do thousands of others in the Washington area. Analysis, balance, accuracy, including this war. Forget Time, Newsweek, and all the others. If I had only one news source, The Economist would be it.