PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sheep and helos
Thread: Sheep and helos
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2013, 19:40
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I remember bad issues with chooks, near Darwin one had only to fly within five miles of a certain chookery and the phone lines to the little men in the glass house would run hot. same issues in Adelaide at Archerfield where the little men brought the stories of chooks heads half a foot further on than their wings thru the netting down to the bar on Friday arvo and how hard they had worked to get us off the hook, meanwhile we had to shout them heaps of calming fluid.

so it was quite different a while later where I one day did a beat up, which involved a low fly over the chook house. Now the six year old son at this joint who was as exuberant a kid as you would ever imagine cottoned onto the fact that this made the chooks punch out more eggs, so whenever I'd arrive there he would tear down and demand a quick flight around with a beat up of the chooks house and proudly skite how many extra eggs he collected.

Still keep in touch with his parents, but that kid now has around seven thousand hours mustering over in Qld. I often wonder whether he beats up chooks houses nowadays.