PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting UK GA Airfields?
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2013, 19:34
Matty Cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update on the hours building!

Finished the hour building back in June, took 8 months in all to reach the 100 hours P1, not as fast as I would've liked, but bearing in mind 4 weeks of those 8 months my airfield was closed due to water logging in December!

The airfields I visited in order are:
Liverpool, Tatenhill, Caernarfon, Sandtoft, Sherburn, Campbeltown, BAE Warton, White Waltham, Kemble, Carlisle, Leicester, Wellesbourne, Shobdon, Welshpool, Bodmin, Perranporth, Crossland Moor, Gloucester, Shoreham, Headcorn/Lashenden, Coventry, Oxford, Haverfordwest, Manchester International(only for a low app/ILS), Cumbernauld, RAF Mona, Newtownards, Gamston, Sturgate, Netherthorpe and Leeds-Bradford.

Memorable trips being:
-Coventry - Where I met Buffalo Joe of Ice Pilots sat down for lunch with him, then he showed us around the hangars at Coventry and around the aircraft.
-Bodmin/Perranporth - Where I had gin clear weather all the way down from manchester to the tip of Cornwall.
-Midlands tour - Where I landed away at Leicester, Wellesbourne, Shobdon and Welshpool all in one day.
-Newtownards - As it was my first water crossing.

Best cafes (in order):
White Waltham, Leeds and then Gloucester.

If anyone is interested I have a few videos on my youtube channel from some of the trips - mikecharlie794 - YouTube

Currently not long into my studying with Bristol now for my ATPL theory, thanks for all the suggestions of airfields to visit, hope these give someone else a few ideas of where to go!