PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF AT to the Philippines?
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2013, 16:34
TomJoad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gr4techie
True. The only thing I learned from 2 years of A Level history is there is no right answer and two sides to every story.
Then there's the conspiracy theorist in me that thinks the govt never does some
thing for a simple reason and there must be another political motive lurking in the background.
GR4 thing is a lot of folk out in the Philippines don't have the luxury of naval gazing or engaging in your conspiracy theories. They are kinda focused on whether they or their families will survive the next 24hrs. I doubt they give a hoot about what kind of vessel comes to their aid, or what the senders intention may be. I kinda think I would be thinking exactly the same if I were in their position. You know, there are times when the right course of action is simply to act - this is one of them. You can indulge your intellectual vanity concerning conspiracy theories, petty inter service point scoring and government motives after lives have been saved. Thank God we live in a country where we are still willing to help those in peril with all the wealth resources and human endeavour that we can muster.