PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another drone down.....
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2013, 12:50
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was trying to find an article I read about a drone strike in the Yemen and the impact it had upon an entirely innocent family, but I cant.
But to say it generated a widespread anti-western feeling of bitter resentment would be an understatement.
Yes, roam. That's how it appeared to the family on the ground - no warning, no hint, no ability to control anything at all from their point of view. It was if a mad roaming killer had descended upon them.
How on earth have we got to the position in the world where faceless agencies are carrying out an increasing number of attacks, where many innocent people die? People in sovereign states, countries - minding their own business..
Well, everyone will have them soon -very much in the military-industrial complex to keep this going and expanding as an military arms option into the less wealthier nations budgets - and then well all be flying about zapping one another. I wouldn't gloat upon this, or relish the day it comes.
Off the shelf drones being bought and used by just about anybody, whenever they wish, including corporate enterprise and mercenary forces. Sounds like an American movie but I suspect we are closer to this than I imagine.