PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SN Brussels Airlines achieves better than expected end year results
Old 28th Mar 2003, 17:49
twieke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bakedbean,

I have strong doubts about that favouritism in BRU. In fact, I am pretty sure that it's not true.
I had that same impression at other airfields e.g. BA at LHR, AF at CDG, IB at MAD etc...
Isn't it possible that one gets that impression because there are just more aircraft of a company on its home turf.

About those ac in the stack. A few weeks ago we were in the hold for over 45min. We were flying one of the few cat2 ac and were waiting for our vis. Having spent 30 min in the CIV hold we got the required vis and started app. Before we were well on our way the vis dropped again and we were sent to the Kerky hold. All the cat3 ac were doing their app in the mean time. We arrived in the Kerky hold after a few other ac. When vis improved again we were cleared for the app, before another ac in the Kerky hold. That ac (BA) was in the hold for about 5 min. So, yes, we arrived after the BA in the Kerky hold, but had allready spent 40 minutes looking down at the fog over BRU.

Just to say that not everything is what it seems.

Regards,
Twieke