PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bartolini Air Flight School
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2013, 12:08
rsbean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bartolini Air (Polish FTO)

Hi guys,

I hope someone can shed some light on this FTO.

I've been accepted into Pan Am's Pro Pilot programme, formerly ACA and prior to that Orlando Flight School (which judging by the posts on here regarding this FTO, people already have their views!). The reason I edged towards it was that ANA have just purchased Pan Am, so I didn't think that such a prestigious carrier would permit poor maintenance/bad reviews. I expected any past issues to have been amended.
I am due to start there in Feb but after reading these posts, reviews and info on the school (plus with my disgust of US politics) I'm very reluctant to go.

I am applying for CTC later this year as I got a good vibe with their open day, their success rates are positive and their employment statistics are promising.
If unsuccessful with the application I shall have to look elsewhere. One that has been brought into my attention today is Bartolini in Poland, being half Polish is also the reason why I looked further. Saw a post briefly mention this FTO when reading through the ACA posts and cannot find any thread regarding it.

They use Bristol ground school as the means to complete the ATPL theory, and the flying is completed in Cessna 150 and Tecnam P2006T with Garmin glass cockpits

However small and young the school is, it seems like a solid course for an affordable price. On their facebook page they have posts regarding recent graduate employment with easyJet and Wizzair, and offer 737 type ratings as well.

I know Polish people love and appreciate good flying, and through working with many Polish people I know they maintain a very high level of professionalism. So my thoughts are that this could be a successful alternate route to take?

I'm going to send them an email today, is there anything specific you advise enquiring about?

Any thought on this matter will be greatly appreciated, I'm looking to start my training as soon as I can!