PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 16th Nov 2013, 21:28
SASless

Received 516 Likes on 215 Posts
Dig,

It is a very long walk from the Ramp of a Chinook to the front seats....when it is filled with folks.....I know what you are talking about. I will have to admit I never really gave that much thought really....as I always felt if I got back to the Bar in the Evening.....they would as well.....which very much was my express goal and intent.....getting everyone home safe.

That thought in mind.....that is what is so confusing about this latest crash.

I am quite sure the Crew had that very mindset....as it follows they would just from the fact that is the way we all think or we would not get into the cockpit. At least my experience with Non-Muslims confirms that. We place our immediate faith in ourselves and our partner in the cockpit and not in the Almighty.

Until the AAIB issues that final report....having exhausted every line of inquiry....we have to be a bit careful about deciding what caused this tragedy.

We all have our opinions....but without being aware of all the facts, evidence, inspection results, interviews of the crew....we are just guessing.