PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - INVERNESS
Thread: INVERNESS
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2013, 23:19
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Cloud1 - I accept that I'm making an inference rather than quoting strictly. My point is that Flybe's attempt at reassurance is a bit of smoke and mirrors and nothing more than a standard PR exercise. It *seems* something you can rely on, but when you try to think about precise meaning, and what would stand up in any kind of court or which could not be otherwise explained away, there's actually very little of hard substance. Any company can always say at a future date that based on recent events, they had to change their pland.

Regional connectivity can be delivered by a direct route to one location in the UK (eg Manchester hub) followed by a change onto somewhere else. Not great for passengers, but as long as *at least* one route to Inverness is maintained, strictly speaking it counts as regional connectivity. You can be confident in making a booking... because if we cancel we'll give you your money back so you can't claim damages under the law of tort.

Cynical perhaps, but given Mrs Johnson is a lawyer, I've heard all too often how what appears to be reassuring, when push comes to shove, is actually meaningless. People who write press releases and who work in PR are usually very good at wording what they say in a precise way, so as to sounds warm and fuzzy, while actually formally committing very little.