PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 Jobs
Thread: 737 Jobs
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2003, 13:15
phnompenhkid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B772,
My fuirst time here for weeks, but yes, the HKG service has started, and the loads are good. I flew it last week, and about 80% average,which is not all bad on a 104 seat aircraft. Other routes' loads are picking up nicely, and a full house to/from Siem Reap in the north is not unusual.
It's looking good here. The beer's still sweet and the ladies are still pretty.
I reckon we have about the best looking bunch of FAs anywhere, including the local version of Miss World. She is just magnificent.
Beautiful FAs don't keep an airline in business though, sofull flights are what we need. The publicity machine has kicked in well and hopefully the loads will increase even fjurther.
Word is that we should ghave another aircraft within acouple of months. Heard that AN had a billion bucks in the bank a week before it fell over too, and that they'd be flying 747-400s around the globe within a year, so I'm not starry eyed about it.
We just all hope it keeps on as it is and improved, and indications are that it will. Thanks for the interest.
I just referred to the old post "AN 737 Drivers etc.", and noted that the old warhorse Kap M said that the Khmer pilots, one in particular, had more time flying around Asia (for that read 'experience') than the rest of us put together. That may be so, but let me say that flying is flying. You take off somewhere and land somewhere! Simple as that.
We've all heard the line an instructor who has 3000 hours actually has 5 hours 600 times over. Well all flying is about the same, but maybe airline flying would be a 100 hours 30 times over per 3000 hours.

I heard one of the FOs say a few days back after a near confrontation with an 89er, on the tarmac elsewhere, that these pricks have been trying to con the rest of us saying that 'we'd (we being those who used their heads 14 years ago) never cut it anywhere other than Australia'. Well, for the record, be advised that it's no different than domestic flying in Australia. A little more paperwork maybe, but diverting around a storm is the same, computer plans are the same, controllers are the same with accent variations, instrument approaches are the same, etc., and I could go on forever. There is one MAJOR difference though to satisfy the critics - PAPIs and VASIs, and it takes about 30 seconds to get the drift on that, so international flying is extremely difficult. You don't need to drag in the mystique, smoke and mirrors act to justify your position - or perhaps some do.
There are many drama queens in this industry - you know the types who 'almost' have some major failure on every sector. The good Kap seems to be amongst them.

Last edited by phnompenhkid; 28th Mar 2003 at 13:55.