PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should CDS be Dismissed?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2013, 21:03
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I correct in saying this incident only came to light following an event\investigation by the local police who were investigating an unrelated incident and during their investigations they found this unauthorised recording?

My thoughts are that if this is correct then how long after the event did this happen and if the police had not taken this action would anyone have been any the wiser?

If this incident had been reported at the time, would there have been the same charges laid against those offenders?

This was an unauthorised film shot by a camera that should not have been used\worn and the reality is that if Marine A had done his job and ordered that Marine to remove the camera before they went out on patrol.... Where would we be?

One last observation
Is anyone convinced this is the first time this has ever happened and if not how many soldiers in the last fifty years have faced court martial for a similar act?

Somed very good points have been raised and I find Nutloose has made an interesting point but perhaps not comparable.

In the specific circumstances we are discussing I fear murder is murder is murder.

Regarding the CDS speaking out, I have no opinion on that specific point, but dismissal??? I think not.