PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Motorway Flying ...
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2013, 17:50
hotcloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please see below an email that has been sent to a senior Manager at Barton.

"You may be aware of the thread on Pprune, Ref:" Motorway flying". In a nutshell, are you able to obtain a trace from Hawarden, Liverpool or Manchester of my flight on the 2nd of November 2013 over the lunchtime period. The aircraft flown was G-AWPU and the exercise undertaken was operation at minimum level. The route started at Barton and the first leg was to Leigh Flash. The next leg took us to the Wigan flashes, after that we circumnavigated Wigan to the east and then flew west between Wigan and Standish. At the Gathurst junction I then followed the railway line to Burscough. At Burscough I then headed south to the M58 (Junction 3). I then tracked east to the M6 junction and then followed the the M6 south to the junction at the M62. At the M62 I then followed the motorway back to Barton.

I have already received the ATIS information during the flight period from the control tower, and therefore a trace of the flight would be much appreciated, if that is possible. There is no doubt whatsoever that I was on the above route and I feel that I need to prove this to a certain gentleman that claims I could not have been on the route I described. Also I would be grateful if you could obtain the METAR's at the local airports, if possible.

Feel free to contact me, should you wish to discuss any matters.

Regards"

I shall not post again until such time I have further evidence regarding the flight.