PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travel Claims - Where to Draw the Line?
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2013, 16:36
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speak for yourself. My claims are/were all legal, indeed I probably claimed less than I was entitled to over my RAF career.
Biggus, you've misread it. Every claim I ever made was whiter than snow...to the point where I had every single claim I ever made checked in SHQ (loads of people did this) to make sure I never made a screw up by accident. I carried that habit into civvy street as well.

It's simple...claim all of what you are entitled to and be happy to do so. Claim something you are not entitled to and get prosecuted for fraud/theft (then get fired or worse).

Random moral judgements on what is and is not claimable is nonsense and coming from a body of people that would do anything for a free lunch is rank hyprocrisy.

Anybody who can't see that for themselves must have a major blind spot in their self-awareness.

If it weren't for several hundred delayed flight meals (not to mention in-flight rations....for the simulator!) I'd be signing myself, The Old Thin One.

/thread

PS

But this guy claimed for a poppy for god's sake.
Not according to the linked article, it was for petrol money. I really don't give a monkeys about the detail, but I would surprised if claiming for a poppy was valid, and yes it would be monumentally stupid anyway. But again...it's media driven trivia!