PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2013, 15:44
P330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'm not giving up....

Well I'm not giving up on PPrune. There are some sensible and interesting reads between the "repeat" posts.

That said, if we didn't have all the repeats, we'd have little to discuss.

I think the reality in all this is there are those who doubt, and who quite frankly are being proved right at every opportunity by the owners, and those who are more optimistic and trusting of their intentions.

I spent an hour last night reading the full 179 page plan. On the face of it, it is a great plan...a plan that reads well and talks sense. It is a plan that has probably cost of lot of money in consultant fees to write too! And I would love to believe that the plan would come off, because if it did, it would be good for our airport and good for the region.

The problem is, there have been many plans, many promises, precedents set elsewhere and crucially a truly dreadful track record on delivery (some of which is down to economics, granted) that simply feeds the sceptics. And until Peel actually start delivering, or at least getting their PR right for starters, the doubters will remain.

I want this plan to work. It can work. But until Peel build up a track record of success, this will simply be another plan and crucially its a plan that talks about building houses...something which many said would always happen.