PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 380 loses engine, goes 5000 miles
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2013, 12:58
BluSdUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two engine , no acrs

Hi Fellow Aviators!
Lovely to spend a standby day educating myself on this tread.
I have to say i like commanding a medium twin in Europe with no acars, why , You say :my craft, my crew and my conclusion and execution ! ( as per sop aom and regs. Of course)

About the case:
When in Parliament on the other hand some bright fella might have sugested a pit-stop in Tolouse the home of the Airbus ,for a fuelpump (s) replasment and bar replenisment , crewchange. Before charging on , max delay 2 hrs!?

On the other issue, : Engine shutdown or failiur , no damage or unrelated fail/mel :
"Captain, nr 1 of 4 has failed ,now we have 3 left and statistics tells me we shall not have another engine fail the next 10 million hrs, by the time we are out of fuel, so as per conferancecall and sop I sugest we press on to destination, Sir!
Correct, OR,:in a short time the rest of the fueltonoiceconwerters are going silent.
Try Airtransat, Aircanada , Ba 777 , KLM . When one engine fails statistics tells us the chances of the next engine to fail has gone up to one in 5000 . Ie the next 5 sec, min or 5 HRS ,the next one WILL fail , statisticaly.
Point is , You divert anyway. In this case to Airbus Main.