PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Holy Hell, that hurt!!
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2013, 10:47
DX Wombat

Location: The Burrow, N53:48:02 W1:48:57, The Tin Tent - EGBS, EGBO
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You two made me smile. So, here's a little tale which I hope will do the same for you. One afternoon I was helping out in the Paediatric Outpatient Department, not my usual haunt, where a large box of toys was provided to help keep the children amused whilst waiting to be seen. A group of young children 5-7 years approximately had distributed the contents of the box around the waiting area and in spite of exhortations on the part of their mums to tidy up were steadfastly refusing to do so. I was out of their line of sight but able to hear everything so materialised in their midst and announced "Right everybody, it's time to tidy up now." The children looked at me and started to walk away. "You are going to put the toys away aren't you?" said I without raising my voice. No response, "because if you don't you will make me very cross and you don't want to do that do you?" Several heads were shaken and their owners, to the amazement of their parents, replaced the toys without further ado. I did thank them for putting the toys away - only fair as they probably hadn't taken all of them out of the box.
No training M-J, it's just a knack.