PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Motorway Flying ...
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2013, 08:51
SpannerInTheWerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am now in the process of obtaining a trace of my route; the management at my airfield will be looking into this. I also will be seeking to obtain the METAR’S in the local area.
Good, then hopefully this matter will be cleared up through the appropriate channels.

I have made several statements on this Thread and I stick by all I have said.

In summary:

On 2 November whilst driving northbound on the M6 motorway, shortly after 1200Z south of the Charnock Richard services, I saw a C150 flying in a southerly direction adjacent to the motorway at a height above ground level estimated at the time of between 150 and 250 feet. The weather conditions at the time were poor, with high winds and low cloud in a heavy shower.

Concerned for the safety of the aircraft I stopped at the Charnock Richard services and contacted Liverpool ATC and asked if they had knowledge of an aircraft in trouble as I had witnessed G-AWPU flying at low level. ATC informed me that whilst they had no knowledge of an aircraft in distress they did have a 7000 squawk in the area of my reported sighting. Liverpool ATC informed me they would contact the departure airfield to ensure that the aircraft had returned safely.

SITW