PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 15th Nov 2013, 04:48
Lookleft

Received 195 Likes on 90 Posts
Split Enz got it wrong, History always repeats.

I was only out by a month when I predicted that the earliest the new government would do anything about the Senate Report would be June 2014. This report will be due in May. So that would mean that any recommendations coming from it would be acted on and legislated or implemented by March 2015 at the earliest.

You have your review, one shot – now then, what's to be done, lest history repeat itself (again).
All the best Kharon with your submissions. I'm not sure why a review is required or why more submissions are required as the Senate has a compactus full. If significant and structural change emerges from this review not only will I be pleasantly surprised but I will go to parliament and extend to the Rt Hon Mr Truss a laurel and hardy handshake as he will be the first M.P. to actually make a step forward rather than endlessly talking about reforming aviation in this country.

If, as my cynicism suspects, it will result in frippery around the edges and a greater budget for CASA it will just be a resumption of BAU.

I'll check in again in May to see how the report is received. The 82 odd pages of this thread will provide an indication of how the discussion will progress over the next 6 1/2 months.