PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - especially for US based pilots/wannabes.
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2002, 04:47
jessie01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post especially for US based pilots/wannabes.

Does anyone know anything about a flying school called AIRMAN in oklahoma?. .the reason is that they offer on there website a professional pilots course which includes everything bar the kitchen sink and also guarantee all ratings and exams within 7 months or so.there is no extra cost involved if you fail your tests and the cost is 23000 US Dollars.. .. .If this is correct why doesnt everyone go off there and then come back to europe to convert the exams?I know that you can only work as airline pilot in usa if u have a green card BUT surely there are N registered aircraft all over the world that you could fly with a US licence?. .. .As much as i would like to be flying 777's out of LHR , its not going to happen due to my age so should i consider this option and be quite happy flying turbo props between bangkok and ko samui which would suit me fine.. .. .The question i need answered here , is if a FTO guarantees your'll get your CPL licence and ratings for the cost of a personal loan then why not do that? . .. .I would be very interested in hearing from people who have researched this topic in greater detail than me even though i have been in the JAR system for nearly a year with PPL and trying to get the ground exams.. .thanks . .jess