PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should CDS be Dismissed?
View Single Post
Old 14th Nov 2013, 17:34
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its just that the general public are ....confused by our military. HM Forces fight by their own rules and yet the enemy appear not to answer to anyone's.
We appear to punish our own failures and they do not. They punish (even in their own publicly filmed ends..) only our failures.
We appear to be losing and they appear to be slowly and now irrevocably winning. What a waste of our blood and lovely treasure - that's where our rules got us.

No one here in GB will give a wrap about the Royal Marine in 6 months (weeks) time-stand-fast his friends and family).

Zeitgeist= the Govt and political classes have already decided the war is long lost and they move on. Tossing the Royal over their shoulders they exit....and who will care about our rules then?

If snipers were shot out of hand by our men in way back then, why were the (our) killers not brought to justice in 1945? Were we a worse society for this failure? I think not. Was our queasiness then quickly quelled by the black and white film of Ravensbruck and the other camps?

Final pissed up thought before I slumber off, safe in the knowledge that somewhere out there rough men guard me (although who guards them, they may reason?).

The RM patrol, they would have had to have dragged the mortally wounded enemy to some relative safety. Summoned support - medical aid? And what was that? A helicopter>? An AFV equipped for medical aid? And put further British or allied lives at risk in the recovery? Was this ever brought up in trial? The further risk to some mothers son? Perhaps this crossed the RMs mind as he fired?As someone in line said (aircrew) " take a life to save a life"?

I'm sorry for confusing the thread MB, I am spent and tired of argument. Goodnight.