PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 14th Nov 2013, 10:42
HeliComparator

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I am not a fan of "management of change" processes as they currently are. Shock horror!

In my experience, a Management of Change process mostly revolves around writing a Management of Change document. Whilst it's true that this very process does encourage consideration of various factors, in the end there are so many factors, many of them somewhat etherial and hard to pin down in writing, that such a document and process becomes more of a poor replacement for informed management by an individual(s) suitably experienced, qualified and with good judgement.

This issue does of course relate to a general problem which is the proliferation of middle and senior management who have no idea of the practicalities of aviation, no experience in the role, and who consequently often show poor judgement in critical areas.

In summary, a management of change document is no substitute for having the right person in the right place. But unfortunately it is increasingly seen as so being.