PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 14th Nov 2013, 03:27
CDRW

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
F01 - not sure how much you know of this test - its basically in two parts - " skills test" and I use that lightly - and a psychological " assessment" by two assessors, who take copious notes. Now they got to start somewhere so, I remember, that is how they start. But soon enough you will be into the bones of the interview and they will delve and prod and try to get you in a corner - common themes seem to be how you feel if you loose in a game of your choice -i.e for me it was along these lines

Question:What is you recreational sport.
Answer:Golf .
Q: Do you bet?.
A:Sure do
Q: Why
A: Puts a competitive edge to the game
Q: Describe how you feel win you loose

And from here they can delve into all lines of emotion - bla bla bla.
Just remember - that they making a profile of you - if you loose your cool or get shirty and obstreperous then chances are small of a pass.

Also a point to note that apparently this assessment was meant to be done by all operational staff - managers as well - and it was discovered that there where more than a few managers who not be recommended for employment let alone the position they where in!!! The rules had to be quickly re-written for present employees!!!