PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2013, 17:16
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biman

SFOBHX - where have you read this service is confirmed to start? Please post the link. Planning to start a service (as being reported by anna aero) is very different to actually starting a service. There is nothing confirmed about BHX on the Biman website. I have read that Biman only have Category 2 FAA clearance for U.S ops which means right now they would need to operate said service on a wet leased basis with aircraft coming from a U.S or European carrier.

Having said all of that, anna aero were spot on about AI so I would now be more surprised if this service doesn't materialise next year.

Whilst this service would undoubtedly be a coup for BHX (JFK back on departure screens and first ever BHX-Bangladesh flights snatched from under the nose of MAN ), I do hope that the runway extension will also see higher frequency flights to new, non Indian sub-continent worldwide hub destinations - AUH or DOH in the Middle East and ATL or ORD in the U.S. The kind of US transit services as proposed by Biman through BHX have never lasted that long, I think PIA ISB-BHX-YYZ lasted a couple of years? ISB-BHX-ORD was a flash in the pan as was TAS-BHX-JFK by Uzbek. Lets hope Biman break that mould