PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - This years EK profits pep talk....
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2013, 16:56
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TU--exactly!!!

EK could get a lot more out of staff, especially pilots, if they would treat their employees with some respect.

A few simple things:

- get back to proper rostering, with bidding and lose the restrictions
- fix the leave bidding so that it works like it once did
- go back to 82 hours

That last one--not holding my breath. But the others are essentially costless!!! We have a company that looks only short term (savings) and can't see beyond the next year or so (bonus for mid-sr management). (I should clarify that to say flt ops, since I am nor sure other departments are run the same way)

What will certainly start costing (and already has) is the simple fact that most people just don't care!

They don't need to burn more fuel etc to 'show' their displeasure. What will cost EK is an apathetic employee group and that is what I see now.

Our FA's, who are the tip of the spear in customer relations, have already cracked. Ask anyone customer who has an history with EK and they'll tell you how our service has declined.

The fix is NOT money! They all came knowing the wage. But simple issues, the biggest being rostering, have an immense impact. In the case our cabin crew just fixing the rostering system so in their top bid months they got what they wanted would keep countless crew, keep them happy and reduce sick days.

I could go on - but the fact is that the majority of the issues are costless or close to it and I simply cannot see why they continue the way they do!

But their unwillingness to effect those changes costs them one way or another.