PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business class upgrade offers on EK
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2013, 12:20
spiney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First, Business or Economy I don't sleep very well on planes - never have done. I'm a 'compact' chap and don't need any of that space to 'spread your body into'... Might get an hour or two of restless sleep, I'm not going to get 4 hours of quality kip - ever, so for me the difference in the journey experience just isn't worth the price. I get upgraded frequently on Emirates but it's not worth 4 to 500 quid a leg of my money. For that I can buy a smart jacket or a Leica D Lux 5 or some restaurant meals which are much nicer than the 'food' that airlines serve up. I agree, Mr Mac, that in the 90's EK was a cracking airline with first rate service - but not any more. I use 'em 'cos they're cheap, (and they keep the competition cheap), and I don't like being on planes for more than 7 hours without a break. Emirates service is indifferent at best and DXB might be very pretty but beneath the gloss it's an extremely poor transit airport - and the Business Lounge has about as much atmosphere as a warehouse.