PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 11
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2013, 07:18
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Since there's nothing new to tell about AF447...

Originally Posted by DozyWannabe
@Chris - I think we do know that Alpha Floor was not a consideration for the pilot of AF296, as he *disabled* A/THR (and thus A. Floor) by holding down the disconnect switches to perform the flypast.
Actually, problem is mistranslation of section 2.2.3.2. - it deals with what was planned and disabling of the alpha floor certainly was but it was never executed - chalk one up for sloppy execution. Section 2.3 clearly states Alpha floor was disabled as the result of RA going below 100. Now if anyone thinks exact mechanism of disabling alpha floor is of concern in the accident where narrowbody full of passengers was deliberately flown below 100ft at 120 kt and idle thrust - feel free to entertain me further.

Originally Posted by Winnerhofer
On the RH-seat, there were no seatbelts fastened whatsover.
Corrected in the final report; after further analysis lap and crotch strap were found to be fastened.

Originally Posted by DonH
By the description, I understand that an "MOI" is for flight crew information only and as such is advisory
It is advisory only but it's for operator information and it is up to operator to determine what info (if any) from MOI will be distributed to flightcrews and means of promulgation.