PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man vs Wild
Thread: Man vs Wild
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2013, 06:46
cattletruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Grylls started off teaching kids to love the outdoors and to build self confidence in themselves, the show came later and he actually felt he wasn't a suitable person for the job. Mr Grylls primary concern is teaching kids, the show is second.

Those too critical of him are probably too fat. I remember watching him describe these deep unpassable volcanic crevasses in Hawaii that ran for miles, yet at the bottom of the screen you could see that you could easily just step over it.

At least he's getting kids off feacesbook and outdoors - which should be applauded.

The helicopter is used to ferry equipment and support people to remote locations, so why not jump out of it to start the show (remember that building self confidence is what Mr Grylls is about).

I like the show even though I know it's mostly staged, however Mr Grylls (probably via his researchers) does impart some very useful knowledge without too much drama.

Those that know a thing or two about making television shows would see that the crew don't try real hard to cover up any technical no-no's, have you ever seen Steve Irwin's out takes, Steve was only doing it for his wildlife farm.