PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger briefing
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2002, 09:31
willflyforfood

Ummm.... .Theres absolutely nothing to passenger briefings, (Virgin Blue are living proof!). .Depending on what country you are in, I guess will depend on what you are required to say. Im not sure whether it is really a legal requirement at GFPT stage, but I guess it is still good practice... The main things you have to point out are:. .1) The use of Seatbelts. (how to fasten/release, requrements to wear them...). .2)Emergency Exits (where are they, how to operate them). .3) Smoking (is it prohibited?. .4) The use of Oxygen, where applicable. .5) Stowage of luggage (including hand luggage). .6) The presence of on board special survival equipment where applicable, (floatation devices etc). .. .The example given in the Australian VFR flight guide is:. ."The Law requires that you refrain from smoking on the tarmac and in the terminal, as well as during take off, landing, and re-fuelling.. .Your seatbelts are similar to your car's, and I would ask that you keep them fastened during take off, landing, and any other time I feel it necessary for your safety.. .The exit operates like this... and will only be operated on the ground.. .Please Stow your hand luggage underneath the seat in front of you or I can secure it in the baggage compartment.. .If you feel uncomfortable in any way, please let me know, and I will do everything I can to improve the situation". .. .This was taken from The Australian VFR Pilots Guide, Page 173.. .. .I do not know of any websites that cover pre-flight briefings. However, at GFPT stage, I can't see the tester expecting you to have it down to an exact science... If you get the basic jist of it, and get accross the important stuff, im sure they will be happy. . .I dont know what they expect at your flying school, but I have heard that a lot of people fail their GFPTs because they dont do a proper pre take off briefing, by going through the take off procedures verbally for example: "Enter rwy 10R, once cleared for take off, increase power smoothly, monitor engine gauges, any deficiencies abort take-off, rotate at 55kts, climb out at 75kts. 300ft, fuel pump off, 400ft, look out, 500ft, begin gradual turn to the left, for a departure to the north..". .. .Anyway, you probably already knew all of this, but I hope it is of some help all the same.... .Best of Luck with the test! I hope it all goes well!