PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Service Air B747F
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2003, 08:09
skyhawk1

Well what can I say, but some of you should show more professionalizm. 1) So what if it's a pipe dream - the guy's that got in are getting a 747 endorsment. If it doesn't pan out - oh well, they aren't paying for the training. 2) If you guys knew anything about business you would know that under most cases it is cheaper to lease an airplane - just because they haven't owned an airplane doesn't mean anything! 3) You can't operate a Beaver under CARS 705! So if you amend your operating certificate and your AMO (maintenance cert) you have to have them SUSPENDED.......... Doesn't mean they did anything wrong. We should watch them cautiously as we would any other new company - but I wish them all the best. It's a gutsy move to try and start this kind of operation in these days - but I really don't think someone would spend the money to train crews and get the proper certificates if they weren't serious (and a 747 is some serious airplane). BTW - I know some of these things because a very good friend of mine has worked with these guys for a while now.