PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 13th Nov 2013, 03:15
P51-Mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@INDIAN BIRD 9W

The Radio Calls very pretty basic. When I was asked to Intercept a Radial Inbound/Outbound, I was expected to contact the ATC and inform them that I have established. So I was giving information on my radial, DME & Altitude. Since I realised that my examiner was expecting radio calls, I made radio calls everytime I would establish myself on a radial, change of altitude, Inbound of the hold, etc.

The IPT was on Autopilot, you are in control of Hdg, Course, Altitude & Rate of descent. Either the examiner or, like in my case, the partner was given instructions to change speeds, flaps, etc.

I wasn't asked to do NDB, I was asked to do only what I mentioned earlier. Although it would be a good idea practicing NDB intercepts and approaches.

As I said the approach plate was given to us before hand, and were expected to do exactly as given on the approach plate.

After briefing the plate, we were asked a lot of questions from the given approach plate (I don't quite remember the questions but it was a 15 minute session before the IPT test). You need to know the approach inside out! I can't stress enough on the fact that you need to know every single detail on the Approach plate.

All my friends have cleared so far, so I would take it as a good sign. Although I wouldn't like comment on whether they're taking everybody or not since I don't know about that. I don't think they're giving a second chance to anyone.

Some batches have received dates for their medicals. Not sure about everyone though.

Hopefully this helps!