PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2013, 21:40
GoProPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Steve

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for answering my questions I really appreciate that and your blog is outstanding(since you've been there recently its totally relevant).

I am practicing everything you've said.

I am applying to wings without any attachment to airline like easyjet MPL or Monarch, flybe etc

So what worries me with the recent introduction of the EASYJET MPL and Monarch MPL and even the BA FPP+Qatar surely all these cadets will get the jobs first, where does this leave the normal WINGS cadets? because those airlines where already taking cadets from the pool. EZ, mon and BA going to have right hand seats for all the 20+ per month coming out of wings!?

Where are these cadets going to go (to keep their 99.9% placement record)

Is this flexi crew thing with Easy still going on? Did they mention it to you in the presentation in the morning?

Cheers.

Hi GoProPilot,

I just went through selection six days ago (passed and everything), and so should be in a good position to answer your questions.

There are indeed still 15 questions in as many minutes, all multiple choice and all pretty easy. You can spend as much time as you like on each question, and go back to completed questions.

There's no algebra involved aside from two questions where you're asked to work out the weight of fuel using a specific gravity value, but this is all very carefully and clearly explained and certainly nothing to worry about.

I only really practised long division and multiplication, and finished with a good few minutes to spare - I'd really recommend learning Vedic maths using TecMath (tecmath - YouTube) for this test. If you can manage a long division problem in around a minute, you're sorted.

If you want to know anything else about the selection day, I wrote a blog post about it (Glorified Bus Driver | A totally original and unique blog about training as a student commercial pilot.) - if you have any questions after that, let me know and I'll try to help.
steve.wythe is offline Report Post