PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2013, 16:20
steve.wythe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi GoProPilot,

I just went through selection six days ago (passed and everything), and so should be in a good position to answer your questions.

There are indeed still 15 questions in as many minutes, all multiple choice and all pretty easy - though I could have just been lucky. You can spend as much time as you like on each question, and go back to completed questions.

There's no algebra involved aside from two questions where you're asked to work out the weight of fuel using a specific gravity value, but this is all very carefully and clearly explained, and certainly nothing to worry about.

I only really practised long division and multiplication, and finished with a good few minutes to spare - I'd really recommend learning Vedic maths using TecMath (tecmath - YouTube) for this test. If you can manage a long division problem in around a minute, you're at around the same level I was on the day Disclaimer: this isn't to say that you absolutely won't get any other types of questions, or to contradict anyone else's advice, but rather that I didn't come across those other ones.

If you want to know anything else about the selection day, let me know and I'll try to help.

Last edited by steve.wythe; 17th Nov 2013 at 19:08. Reason: Pedantry