PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Motorway Flying ...
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2013, 14:57
SpannerInTheWerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I note you didn't answer whether you hold a professional licence.
No I didn't, but what part of 'Professional Pilot Rumour Network' do you not understand, Genghis the ENGINEER. Maybe a spanner would be more appropriate? I've got one if you want?! LOL

"500 foot rule" doesn't necessarily mean that aircraft have to be flown 500 ft agl.
No, the Rule states:

'an aircraft shall not be flown closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle or structure'.

I was a PERSON in a VEHICLE driving down the motorway, with its various STRUCTURES, and the aircraft was closer than 500 feet to all of these.

Then why, if it really was so serious, did you not report your observation via more appropriate channels?
... and grass someone up!!!

Not me - I only made a comment at the start of this Thread that stated how lucky I thought that particular pilot had been in the conditions.

ALL OF YOU have teased out the details from me and flushed out the pilot concerned.

I was willing to call it a day but no, you just couldn't leave it alone - like some perverse game I've been baited and ridiculed at the expense of a serious learning point.

But I can take it - at least at the low level the Moderators allow (no pun intended). Humour too!

I've worked as an expert witness in aviation, and your writing style looks somewhat unlike how we normally tend to work.
If i wrote like wot i nomrally do non of you would undrstand me!

You don't seem to be able to grasp that flying below 500 feet, in accordance with Rule 5, is WRONG and not a 'valuable learning experience'.

That people who do it are not to be supported and congratulated, but taken to one side and not told it is a BAD THING and may, if others so wish, be prosecuted for it.

That people who brave it out and hope it will go away doesn't make it RIGHT by attempting to undermine the evidence of a witness.

Evidence, if I remember from my law notes, is based on FACTS, FACTS, FACTS and FACTS.

The only piece of evidence which isn't a FACT is the precise height of the aircraft when I saw it.

The FACT it was flying below 500 feet, is!