PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Substitute Marine A for Pilot A.
View Single Post
Old 12th Nov 2013, 14:03
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TomJoad
Just read your reply again. The bad guys win then? They are winning? Against us? Does this, would this not give them some tactical advantage, if they are savvy to our ROE?
It seems ridiculous.
Incidentally as I have mentioned the situation down here (my neck of the woods today) appears to be getting worse, even in the medium time I have been operating here.
The ships I work with are becoming slowly and surely increasingly more defended but to the detrimental safety of their own civilian crews (an oxymoron?) when not under attack. There is now so much razor wire on some of them, around the living accommodation and leading up to the bridge, that in the event of a fire, a collision then the poor crews wont be able to escape, to make an escape via any external exit or stairwell. Its crazy to see.
But I concede any revision of the ROE, or revision of the Geneva Convention, could simply make the world an even more brutal place that it already is.
The bad guys are slowly winning. I thought it an irony that even in the event of his death that Afghan took the life of Marine A.