PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Quick question regarding foreign navigating and local requirements..
Old 12th Nov 2013, 11:21
RyanRs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question regarding foreign navigating and local requirements..

I have noticed how pretty much every country has its own requirement for a conversion to there own local PPL licence to be able to fly in there country, usually consisting of a Nav & RT exam, a check-flight and application for a permit. So, I am pretty sure this is not a requirement if flying cross-country in a G-reg aircraft(or starting the journey from the PPL holders origin country)? It would be pretty insane if you wanted to fly from the uk to say country X and had to apply for local licenses for every country you cross on the way there.
I guess my question is, what is the point in getting a local license? Is it purely for those who would like to fly in a particular country but don't want the long journey of flying oneself from the UK? perhaps distance or cost? And is there any specific rules to international XC ppl flight? What about RT? every country's RT seems to be different from the last. Its not impossible to fly a single piston from the UK to USA and the RT out there is totally different!

Thanks for the info
Ryan