PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do the current generation of Senior FAA Officers lack something?
Old 12th Nov 2013, 07:49
oldengineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right of Reply

I post very rarely these days but as a serving FAA Officer with 36+ years' service I feel duty bound to comment. I have attended many Leaving Runs, Top Tables and Runs Ashore for Officers, SRs and JRs, some as the GoH with a speaking part (at least 2 in the Seniors Mess of HMS Victory, a rare honour for a Commissioned Officer), some not. I will continue to do so as long as I am invited and this is my main point, most Officers, Senior or not would, I am sure, be delighted to attend if they were invited.

A secondary point if I may - establishments deal with Service leavers in different ways; whilst at a certain training establishment in the South I always made sure that the WOs were invited to a TTL in the Wardroom Mess and given a leaving dit if they were indeed leaving the Service, which was the minimum they deserved imho. In my current unit, an Army WO left after 30 years' and we had a few beers in downtown Bristol as his only goodbye, but at least it was something.

So in summary, no, I don't think Senior FAA Officers lack something.