PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2013, 20:27
GoProPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi All,

I have been through the search facility and trawled my way into many posts looking for advice regarding the selection.

majority of posts with decent info are backdated to mid-to-late 2000's.

Just wanted to know from someone whos been recently, the maths part.

1)Still 15 questions in 15 minutes?
2)Are the questions multiple choice?
3)Are you given a specific time for each question? so you cant progress forward or backwards through the questions at free will?(so for example you could be on question 10 at only 6mins in/ can you skip forward or back at free will?
4)obviously I don't want anyone to give away the actual questions but I have been practicing

#Long multiple/division eg 5687x478 285/15 (+- too)
#Ratios
#Basic algebra (real basic like x-10=60 Whats X
#squares,cubes and s+ cube roots
#area of squares, rectangles, triangles(was there any Circle questions using PIE?)
#Speed distance time, but i what context I don't know, are the some fictional problems that could potentially catch you off guard? like two aircraft heading towards each other at X speed, how long before they meet? or is it a simple as you travel 20miles in 10 minutes, how fast etc?

What other topics should I cover, I know its GCSE level I just want to make sure I do not fail this test, I know people say its easy, they only want your money etc but id rather not fail at this stage.!

Hope someone can advise.

Thanks.