PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - American Airlines Nears Bankruptcy (merged)
Old 24th Mar 2003, 22:22
B767300ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink AA Near Bankruptcy---Read it and Weep!

To ALL: RAAMJET (note the cute little "AA" inside his username) is one of those arrogant, and most certainly ignorant, pilot we all read about and know who thinks 1) they are GOD'S gift to aviation, 2) that simply because he is an AA pilot he is superior to every other pilot and 3) that the world owes HIM a living.

Ramjet---With or WITHOUT TWA, AA is headed for BANKRUPTCY. If you ever cared to educate yourself (maybe you can't read?) about airline economics, you'd notice AA has the HIGHEST costs (labor included) in the industry after UA/US (gee, wonder where they're headed?). AA is bleeding red ink so fast, they'll be in Chapter 11 by the 3rd week of this war, and it would not have mattered if AA bought TWA. AA has lost more money in the past 2 years ($5.1 BILLION) than TWA ever lost in it's 75-year HISTORY. But, just like all the other dork-brained AA employees, they think the TWA acquisition was the cause of their current problems. AA's maket capitalization is currently $300 million LESS than it paid for ALL of TWA ($750 million).

Very shortly, you and AA will be in bankruptcy, and won't have anyone to blame but yourselves. And quite possibly, you'll soon be in my furloughed shoes, eh? They say 3000 pilots will get chopped. No matter, I'm sure with your sense of superiority and obvious great skill you could take up that new job as an entertainer---by walking on water. I'm only human and can't do such things, but since you're the better being, maybe you could show me how. I've always admired you AA pilots and your great attention to details---like wearing a starched uniform with starched underwear so it looks like you're trying to carry a corncob without using your hands.

PS---The seniority integration is by no means permanent; wait and see, you could easily be my co-pilot soon. (Edited for discretion)

Last edited by B767300ER; 29th Mar 2003 at 00:56.