PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Albanese does nothing on Sydney Airports
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2013, 18:52
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15 a side- verbal pin-pong.

Fawcett: Mr Mrdak, can I take you back to the ANAO audit that looked at airport leases. One of the recommendations was that your department should develop a comprehensive framework and procedures to monitor and ensure lessee compliance with leases. etc. My bold
Mr Mrdak: Certainly, I am very happy to. I would come back to the fact that, yes, the department has put in place lease monitoring arrangements, including annual lease reviews and a system of ensuring that specific terms of both the leases and the act are being complied with. My bold

Sort of puts it in perspective; two teams of lawyers and 20 years through the courts to define and clarify each and every word. While you are waiting, the wide boys have stolen the march done what they like; and then, to remove their financial graffiti, you guessed it; another 20 years in court under the threat of huge compensation. Meanwhile lawyers get fat and the culprits have hors d'oeuvres served up on the fan tail of a floating gin palace in some tax free haven. We are definitely on the wrong team Toto. (Wonder where we sign up)....