PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New USN Carrier USS Gerald R Ford
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2013, 19:09
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To WW
Yes its hard to be positive about our efforts now. I finally concede its looking very grim. What a mess it became. All that effort people have made and yet it all seems to be falling apart even before even one of the ships is complete.
I also tried to upload some close up detailed pictures of the new Chinese J-15 Carrier Fighter. They are on
http:/globalmilitaryreview.********.com
I tried to upload the link but failed dismally.

Drifting onto the Chinese military....about 23 years go I watched a documentary made by the BBC about their military. The flight school involved the students walking and talking to each other as they would as pilots in formation (whilst still on the ground). I mean like children playing - arms outstretched like wings, walking around in formation, taking off and landing etc. a bizarre sight but really only what is now called visualization training I suppose. Thinking back then it mildly amused me, as outside my window I could hear real naval aircraft and aircrew who were actually training properly, with real planes and helicopters (I lived onboard at Yeovilton).
Not laughing now. The Chinese are way, way full ahead hard with their military programs - question to me is - why?

And further edited- on this day of all days I truly pray that the USS Ford and the J15 never ever have to fire a shot in anger in their future working lives.