PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK NPAS discussion thread: Mk 4
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2013, 19:06
Colonal Mustard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NPAS

Silsoe, fantastic posting

Just managed to listen to the podcast today, a real thought provoking piece of journalism, the discussion around noise and the complaints from it, (or lack of in reality) - under 100 complaints out of a london population of 8.174million, and the wide , varied and constant work the aircraft does leaves me quite impressed at the work the met undertake.

as a taxpayer the issue of whether it is cost effective was answered aswell, they had a basic task (started in the 80`s) which is paid for yearly yet still managed to identify additional roles they could respond to (sounds like good cost-effective use of london funds to me)

The debate at 1hr 12m around NPAS did make me think though, the PCC for west yorks said they were joining in january yet the other guy said the "management had a meeting this week" and was never fully resolved....... sounded ominous.

Nonetheless well done BBC (i dont normally say that) and the Met for a fantastic insight into your world.

I wonder whether NPAS should be invited to allow the BBC into the other regions, i could see this show being a monthly (or twice monthly) event and a great platform for showcasing aviation in support of policing?.