PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Retirement Age and Crewing Requirements
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2013, 16:08
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by flyboyike
The knowledge and advice are not the issue here, DW, although you'd be surprised how often it is in aviation that age and experience don't bring wisdom, but just show up by their lonesome. I've flown with some very experienced people who were/are consummate aviators, and I've flown with others whom I wouldn't trust with a Yugo, despite their fat logbooks. In fact, I, too, would be very surprised if in YOUR area of expertise there weren't at least some gummers who are about as incompetent as a bag of hammers. That's just life.
Couple of points - yes, I've encountered experienced folks who can be a liability - not to mention relative newbies who could run rings around me! But I hope I retain enough humility to know that generalising on that basis alone would be wrong-headed prejudice born of arrogance on my part. The smart approach is to treat every colleague on an individual basis and not make assumptions.

Secondly, you seem like an intelligent guy. Surely you can see that the bitter and dismissive attitude you're displaying here smacks of all the characteristics you find so abhorrent in those you're criticising!