PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Displaced ILS question
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2013, 11:59
Davita

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not trying to be a smartass clicker but Hong Kong designator is HKG...HKK is Hokitika in New Zealand.

I'm saying this because my wife's galpal visited us in Bali recently. Trouble is... she booked her flight to Balikpapan!
There was confusion between my wife and her pal on facetime until I said "just cancel your BPN destination and book to DPS." Which is Denpasar, Bali's airport.
Sometimes airport designators, on the internet, are easier to identify than airport names.

I also recall some honeymoon couple booked what they thought was a flight from UK to Sydney, Australia but wrote Sidney, which is in BC, Canada. They wondered why there was a stopover in Nova Scotia.
The good news....when everyone in Canada learned of their misfortune, they became celebrities and had the best honeymoon and memory of it.

I suggest you stick to the small aircraft as per your hobby...the big ships in the sky are boring and automated. In a few years I predict they will be flown like drones....they already test driverless cars.
A friend of mine has one that parks itself....we're nearly there!

Last edited by Davita; 10th Nov 2013 at 13:40.