PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar 787's
Thread: Jetstar 787's
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2013, 07:31
IsDon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well there's your problem!

Just how many CEOs are we up to now? I've lost count.

And how many Chief Pilots are we up to now?

There's your problem.

Multiples of CEOs and Chief pilots more than is required and a huge layer of yes men, greasy pole climbers and sycophants telling the bloated upper management what a great job they're doing, while further insulating the coal face from those that are driving investment and policy.

Meanwhile you have a compliance industry hanging off the airline like a leach making millions out of their respective empires. Safety and Security being the main culprits. Not saying there isn't a place for both, but if I see another sign painted on a car park, or video telling me how to cross a road I'm going to choke someone. This is the reason it is so expensive to run a business in this country. Just how much does Qantas pay per annum to these parasites when our international competitors don't have to?

I don't know how much longer this can last. Even if the whole board and management were given their marching orders tomorrow, and a board and management with airline experience were parachuted in, I don't think it's possible to recover from here. We're beyond critical mass.

Start looking for jobs elsewhere.