PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AS332L2 Ditching off Shetland: 23rd August 2013
Old 10th Nov 2013, 01:50
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
SAS I agree but may have mislead with my comments. What I meant to say is it is impossible to recreate real motion without infinite ability to generate "G". As you say, once the actuators have "runout" the forces cannot be sustained.

It is because it is impossible to recreate real motion it's importance becomes less than a whole host of other characteristics. For large civil helicopter applications the motion response required for all normal and most abnormal procedures are minimal. For a few procedures, reject, auto, EOLS and TR malfunctions all motions systems reach their limit. However the impact on training can be minimal if the system responds sensibly and the flight loop is correctly modelled.

For military operations I suspect they need a little more from their motion systems but I see a coalescence between MIL and CIVIL Simulator training syllabi as the machines we operate become more complex. Setting battlefield sim scenarios aside, the training requirement becomes identical. To safely manage the machine in all normal and abnormal procedures.

Your thoughts on this would be welcomed.

DB