PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON - 7
Thread: LUTON - 7
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2013, 01:04
gilesdavies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTNman, when I was talking about the check-in area, I wasn't even on the planet when that picture was taken... I was talking of the Terminal that still exists, opposite the Tinminal! I use to love the airport back then, from after checking in to the departaure lounge would take no more than 5 mins, and was literally a few foot steps away.

The duty free shop always seemed weird to me, as that hexagonal building sticking out of the departure lounge always use to make me think it was an after thought, of the terminal building.

I haven't used the gates in the old departure area in a few years, as my flights always seem to depart from the pier or at the gates before you get to the old lounge. Has that area had any money spent on it, as it looked shabby and run down four or five years... Also do the Ryanair flights still depart from the shed building attached to the rear or the old departure lounge.

I remember that shed always having no heating and when boarding at 6am on a winters morning for the first departure to Dublin, freezing my butt off!